SideWinder Trailer-Mounted Fiber Optic Puller
The GMP SideWinder Trailer-Mounted Fiber Optic Puller has been designed to exceed the requirements of installing underground telecommunication cables, employing a 32 in. diameter single capstan to provide a controlled force to the pulling rope or tape.
- The Sidewinder’s capstan is angled at 45° to be used to figure 8 the cable
- Controls are operator friendly and very simple to use. A spring centered lever controls the direction of rotation of the capstan, while a detented lever engages the take-drum drive. A control knob is used to limit the rope/cable tension using the panel mounted tension indicator.
- The winch is mounted on a sturdy all-steel fabricated chassis. It is equipped with torsional suspension axles, stabilizing prop legs, a front telescopic jockey wheel and a tow bar with a Lunette Ring
- At 1400 lbs., the unit is easily pulled by a standard pickup truck
- The power source is a Commercial grade Honda GX390 gasoline engine